Dixon - 36~50

36. get up 起床
......get 使…(處在..) / up 直立地
......I go to bed early and get up early, too.
......我睡得早也起得早。

37. see off 送行
......see 看 / off 離開
......I saw my best friend off at the airport.
......我到機場替我的好朋友送行。
38. run into 不期而遇;撞上

......The car ran into a tree.
......這車子撞上了一棵樹。
.......I ran into my classmate while shopping
.......yesterday.
.......我昨天購物時,巧遇我同學。
...... bump into / come across / run across

39. make up 化妝 ; 補償
......For the play, they made May up as an old lady.
......在這齣戲裡,他們把梅化妝成一位老太太。

40. major in 主修 ….
......major 主修 / in 在..方面
......My sister is majoring in English.
......我姐姐現在主修英文。

41. read over 從頭到尾讀一遍
.....read 讀 / over 從頭到尾
.....This is a good book. Mom hopes me to read it over
.....carefully.
.....這是本好書。媽要我好好把它讀一遍。

42. learn ...by heart 確實記住 ; 背起來
......learn 學會 / by 藉著 / heart 內心
......I want you to learn these words by heart before
......the next lesson.
.....我要你在下次考試前把這些字背起來

43. hand in 繳交
......hand 面交 / in 進來
......I'd like you to hand in your homework on time.
......請你準時交作業。

44. figure out 想出;弄清楚
......figure 計算; 想像 / out 顯現出來
......Mom hasn't figured out how to solve that problem.
......媽媽還沒想出如何解那個問題。

45. learn the ropes 學會訣竅
......learn 學會 / the ropes 規則
......Jim is new in the office, so he hasn't learned the
......ropes yet.
......吉姆是公司的新人,所以他還抓不到訣竅。

46. call the roll 點名
......call 喊叫/ the roll 名冊
......The teacher came in and started to call the roll.
. ....老師進來開始點名。

47. look up 查閱;查詢
......look 看 / up 徹底地
......If you don't recognize these words, you should
......look them up in the dictionary.
..... 如果不認得這些字,你就該查字典。

48. lose one's touch 變生疏
......lose 失去 / one's touch ..人的專長(才能)
......Has May lost her touch?
......梅是否寶刀已老?

49. look forward to N 期待;期望
..…look 看 / forward 向前 / to 對..
..…I am looking forward to playing tennis with my
.....best friend.
..…我期待和我的好朋友一起打網球。

50. goof off 混日子;打混
..…goof 閒蕩 / off 休息
.….Timothy's been goofing off at school lately.
.….提摩西最近老是在學校打混。

0 意見:

張貼留言

歡迎留下你寶貴的意見,我會以最快的速度回覆~Paulina很樂意回答你對英文學習的任何問題喔~想要留言的人,麻煩請用google帳號登入,才可以留言喔!!