※ 分詞的功用: 形容詞 / 補語
一個字的形容詞: Ving / P.P. + N
二個字以上的形容詞: N + 關係子句
二個字以上的形容詞: N + Ving/p.p.片語
a sleeping baby a broken window
a girl writing a letter (a girl who is writing a letter)
a letter written in English
(a letter which was written in English)
→ 省略關代 → 動詞改為Ving (主動) / P.P. (被動)
1. Don’t wake that sleeping baby.
2. Lost time is never found again.
3. Do you know the lady who is sitting there?
= Do you know the lady sitting there? (分詞片語)
4. Mary bought a camera which was made in Japan.
= Mary bought a camera made in Japan. (分詞片語)
5. The girl who is dressed in red is Mary. (關係子句)
＝The girl dressed in red is Mary. (分詞片語)
come / go / lie / sit / stand
1. He sat reading a book.
2. I stood there and waited for her.
= I stood there, waiting for her.
1. Tom understood that the child ____ in the room
....(A) cry (B) cried (C) cries (D) crying2.He sat there ____ a novel.
...(A) read (B) reading (C) to read (D) was reading
3.People ____ in cities long for more living space.
...(A) live(B) are living (C) living (D) will live
4.There are over 270,000,000 telephones _____
...throughout the world.
...(A) install (B) installing (C) installed (D) have
5. Police found the car ____ last week in the parking
....(A) stealing (B) stolen (C) which steals (D) which